Monday, December 8, 2014

Retrospective

A poem a day is really hard to do.

But it definitely feels inspiring, to look back at the whole thing and think to myself, "This wasn't writing for a class, this was just me sitting down, 30 minutes here and there, and writing."

A poem a day was hard to do. Many days I sat down, thinking about what to write about, but I just couldn't. Distracted with other things, uninspired. These were things that contributed to me missing a lot of days.

Just flat out forgetting also contributed to me missing a lot of other days as well.

Going to bed, about to sleep. Think. "Shit! forgot a poem"

Ended up being about a poem every other day, or every three days.

You can sort of see the parts of the last few months where I had other pressing issues to worry about, like editing for the BP, by the big gaps in time from poem to poem.

A poem a day is really hard to do.

I'm definitely gonna continue this blog. When I started doing this blog, I wanted it to be something that I could continue with. I wanted it to be something to stimulate my writing, and help to create a more rigorous schedule for writing, and thus, more content. Even thought the BP class will end, this will keep going. It's a good way to organize my work, and look back at what I've done. Not all of its good, its not supposed to be.

It's just supposed to get me to write more, which I think it did.

A poem a day is hard.

You can look back and sort of see what I was listening to for each poem. Like Born to Run <3

No comments:

Post a Comment